Wednesday, December 19

I'm dreaming of a mild weather Christmas
















The weather around here has been so
screwy lately it's been hard to get into the Christmas mood. But I'm not complaining. Things that have helped include putting up our tree, decorating the house, and wrapping presents. And that blizzard last weekend put some snow on the ground which makes a white Christmas seem possible. I like when there is nice snow on the ground, no ice, and no precipitation. Snowy icy Christmases make me nervous because I always think, what a terrible time for an accident to happen. There's a Debbie Downer moment for you. Enough silly thoughts.. onto my favorite things getting me in the mood for Christmas.


I couldn't wait to decorate the tree with these ornaments from Old Navy last year. We nearly bought out their entire supply on clearance, and they must have noticed because this year they have even more fabulous ornaments. I'll have to wait until Christmas is over before I splurge on 75% merchandise again. I think we are going to need a second tree next year.



They had pink and blue, green and purple. I got every one.








My sister and I made these adorable owl ornaments thanks to a pattern from Anna Maria Horner.








Curt & I will be celebrating our first Christmas as husband and wife this year. We just "celebrated" our six month anniversary (he was in Michigan, I was in Indiana celebrating with my friend/bridesmaid... I guess she was close enough, being a wedding-related person.) But we will be able to celebrate Christmas together, at my parents' house this year. We like to wonder when we will have our "own" Christmas... probably not for a very long time because we live in different states from our parents and their families. .I can just hear the [future] kids asking now..."How does Santa know we will be at Grandma and Grandpa's?"

I can't wait for Christmas to come, it's definitely my favorite. Curt's family is coming down this weekend to do Christmas early, then we will head up to Grand Rapids for the real thing.
Finnegan our dog just came out of the bedroom to tell me it's time for bed-- I won't argue. The folks across the street have all gone to bed, so I guess I ought to also.
As my Gaga always says -- TaTa and Toodle Loo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails