Friday, July 23

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For ...

Ice cream cakes!

In case you didn't know, I work at Cold Stone Creamery. I do regular stuff there like serve ice cream and make waffles, but I also have the extra fun job of cake decorator!

I've been doing it for a few months now, and I'm by no means an expert, but I think some of my cakes are cute enough to share. So here you go - my tour de cakes.


A heart shaped cake for Mother's Day. These were really cute, and tasty too - strawberry cheesecake ice cream with red velvet cake! 


Curt's petite birthday cake. I have a love-hate relationship with the petite cakes because they always turn out adorable, but they are kind of a pain to decorate. 


This is a partially done ganache cake - no toppings yet. I've been getting better and better at ganache, and I think I like doing it better than frosting! 


This was for a lady who has had our cakes in the past, but this time she wanted a very specific cake. She brought in the invitation to her divorce party (?!) and asked for the frosting to match. It was out-of-control bright yellow! I wish I was there when she picked it up, I would have loved to see her reaction.


A Transformer cake for a sweet little boy whose mom works around the corner and comes in to get ice cream a lot. I love, love, love the way this cake turned out, I wish I could make a million more Transformer cakes! 


This was a last minute order for a family who wanted Spiderman. We didn't realize until it was too late that we didn't have a Spiderman topper (like the Transformer cake) so I had to improvise and make it look like a Spidey cake. I'm pretty pleased with the result considering the time crunch and my lack of Spiderman knowledge. 


This was a specialty blueberry cake - blueberry ice cream with graham cracker pie crust, yellow cake, and blueberry frosting. I love the little blueberries on top! 


You've already seen this cake - it was Cali's 14th birthday cake. Pretty straight forward, but delicious to eat! 


Most people are happy to order a cake that simply states "Happy Birthday" or some common variation. Then there are those who have other plans for their cakes. 

I give you the Twilight cake: 


I absolutely hate the way this cake turned out and take no pride in sharing it with you, but it was too ridiculous not to show. The lady was supposed to bring in an edible transfer of Edward, but she never showed up with it and the cake was due later that day. I was finishing up for the day, practically walking out the door when she called and changed her plan to this. I quickly wrote it, cursed Twilight, and said good riddance. As if I needed one more reason to hate Twilight. 

Last but not least, a cake I posted a few days ago for lady who gets cakes all the time. This week her office peeps wanted a cake but they didn't have an occasion, so she requested this:


I thought it was pretty cute and funny and I'm happy to do whatever Vicki wants because she's a very loyal customer! 

Next week I have a Paul Frank Julius cake to make for another loyal customer, but instead of frosting, I'm going to give homemade marshmallow fondant a try. Just for the monkey face. I think it will look really great if I can get it to work right. If not, frosting here I come. 

Pictures and tutorial to follow, I'm sure. 

Have a great weekend! 

post signature

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails