Friday, February 18

More Rainbowing

Wednesday us stitchers of the greater-Nashville area gathered once again to work on Anna Maria Horner's Rainbow Around the Block. This time we met at Anna's (beautiful!) home, where the fabric was flowing and the sun was shining. 


Check out that stack of finished quilts lounging in the sunshine. 

I spent most of the day sewing binding on a lot of those quilts. They all got the AMH treatment with Innocent Crush binding (samples from her fabric company, and hopefully a new product with her next line ((sneak peak on that desk above!)) coming in a couple months). 

Did I mention her house is beautiful?! I mean, just the studio alone is a work of art - sewn samples, fabric stacked to the ceiling, a giant cutting table (my dream)... We were lucky to have wonderful weather so we enjoyed open windows and a refreshing breeze all day. Her home is exactly the comfy-cozy aesthetic I would decorate with if Curt wasn't such a contemporary minimalist. 


She let us snoop through the strike-offs from her new line, and let me tell you - it's really, really cool. As in, start stuffing your piggy bank now because you're going to want it all. How can I convince Curt that I need to buy every piece? 


Mmmm .. quilts. A number have already been delivered to flood-relief organizations; these will join them, and then we will have to get together again to finish more quilts returning from the long-armers. I said it once and I'll say it again, these sewing days have been such fun for me - we get to chat, design, and snack, all while being productive. Anna said she's taking photos of the finished quilts before handing them over and I can't wait to see them all. I hope the families who receive them appreciate the love and care that went into making the quilts. 

I took home three more tops to finish, two made from just blocks and one that will be another puzzle. I am still trying to figure out that purse for my sister, so they may have to wait a couple days. Brianna's been waiting since Christmas (I'm a terrible sister) so she gets priority.

Bedtime for now; I'm going to try not to sleep in too late tomorrow so I can get some of this work done. Ta ta for now! 

post signature

2 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

How wonderful are you for spending so much time helping with the Rainbow Around the Block project! Not to mention lucky!!! : )

maureencracknell said...

How wonderful are you for spending so much time helping with the Rainbow Around the Block project! Not to mention lucky!!! : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails