Friday, May 11

What Day Is It?

I haven't slept well for week now, so the days are all starting to blend together and I'm functioning like a zombie, but - hey! - I'm functioning. So I'll just post some photos and ramble a little, and you'll just nod your head and oooh and aahh over the pretty new fabrics I've been playing with in preparation for Quilt Market. Okay? Okay. Let's do this. 


Anna spent the last couple weeks waiting and waiting and waiting for her new fabric to arrive, and slowly, piece by piece, it came in. Which means I've been sewing with it, project by project.  


Last week Friday I dropped Curt at the airport before the sun woke up and then spent the morning at Anna's, sewing like a mad woman. Then I spent the night at work, where it was very busy and I had a lot of crazy cakes to finish.


By the time I got home Friday night, I was exhausted. So exhausted in fact, that I somehow managed to fall asleep on top of the covers, contacts in my eyes, teeth unbrushed, and the pièce de résistance: the bedroom light was still on. Until I woke up at 6:30 Saturday morning to the sounds of thunder and garage sale early birds. It was sad.


Yes, folks, I am a hot mess right now. Sewing by day and caking by night. Caking by day and sewing by night. 


Despite the exhaustion, I can't sleep. Despite all the extra work, I don't have much of an appetite for anything other than mandarin oranges and Sonic shakes {half-price after 8!}


Thankfully, Anna sees to it that I eat a slice of toast and get my coffee in the morning. Now that Curt's back home, he makes sure I brush my teeth and make it under the covers at night. It's good to have people.


My moonlighting efforts have been a tad cray, but it sure is fun! I'll sleep next week sometime, after all the Mother's Day cakes are picked up and Quilt Market is off and running. Yes, I'll sleep next week Friday, I guess. And I guess I'll clean the house then too. yikes.


I won't even tell you what's been playing on my iTunes to keep me moving. It's mindless and fun and upbeat and easy to sing along with. Okay, I'll tell you. Don't judge me. Seriously. Don't judge me, it's a tad embarrassing.


One Direction. 
There, I said it. I have the One Direction Infection and I don't think there's any turning back. Can you blame me, though? Look up One Direction on YouTube for yourself and see if you can resist those cheeky smiles and adorable accents. Then come back here and we'll talk about how I need to find Curt a pair of suspenders and striped t-shirts asap. 


So much to do and so little time! Have a great weekend :) 

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails