Friday, February 10

9 Patch Class

Last weekend I taught a really fun class all about 9-patch quilt blocks. I shared some of my favorite shortcuts for quick and easy piecing and everyone in the class did such great work. Some made pillow covers while others got started working toward a larger quilt. 
Here are a few little snaps from my phone. 

 Trimming up her finished pillow - this little sweetie had a great eye for color and design! 

 The dark and light prints in these fabrics created a great contrasting block.

These fabrics were the perfect pops for spring - she definitely has a favorite color, her pants and glasses matched the bright blues in her fabric perfectly!

I wish I had a shot of this one flipped right-side-out, the colors were really fun.


Here's a glimpse at the classroom space at Craft South. Despite our recent chilly temperatures, the sun was shining and supplied us with great afternoon light!


If you love a great 9-patch, I have a Pinterest board devoted to all things patchy and square! 

If you want a 9-patch pillow of your very own, I have a couple pillow covers available in my Etsy shop right now!  

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I plan to spend it playing with the boys, working on a couple Quiltcon projects, and maybe *just maybe* sneaking in a bubble bath!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails