Wednesday, February 15

15 february 2012

It's Wednesday! February 15! Valentine's Day is done and over and I couldn't be happier. Sounds a little sad, I realize, but I have spent the last week fulfilling over 50 Valentine cake orders. I kept my focus on today - the day I can forget about heart shaped cakes until next year. The truth is, I should really be looking forward to tomorrow, because today I have to fill in all those glaring blank spots in the cake display. Tomorrow - tomorrow I can really relax.


Furthermore, today is not only the midpoint of the week, but of the month as well. If you're on Instagram (I'm bdanderson on there), you may have noticed a lot of people playing along with the February photo a day prompts. Here's the first half of my month:


That last photo is the little cake I made for Curt for Valentine's Day. It's the same flavor as all those heart cakes {I definitely wanted to sample the cake - strawberry ice cream + chocolate shavings with red velvet cake, and chocolate ganache top. It was yum} He got me a box of Hot Tamales {my favorite} and a pretty red rose which found itself in an old maple syrup bottle now residing on my bedside. 

Not only was he so sweet to think of me, but he also got gift cards for ice cream for our moms and sisters! Yep, he's a keeper! 

How's your February going so far? Can you believe it is already half over?! Spring is just around the corner and I can't wait - it's been nothing but rain and cold here for weeks. Here's looking forward to a warm and sunny rest of the month! 

post signature

1 comment:

Kara Renee said...

Oh wow! Congratulations on getting all those cakes done! I am insanely jealous of your skills. I love the little cake you made for Curt. I'm sure he appreciated it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails