Monday, July 19

Feeling Blue...

...And it's not just from the blue food coloring still staining my fingers from this weekend's cake decorating.


Every now & then people ask me to write random things on their cakes. Vicki orders cakes from us a lot, I think for her office. She said it's not anyone's birthday, so she asked me to write this:


That about takes the cake for strangest request (pun intended)


{what follows is a long rant full of me whining about missing my husband - read at your own discretion, and don't say I didn't warn you}

Curt left today for a week in Texas and I miss him terribly already. I hate dropping him at the airport, wishing I could join him. I never used to feel this way. I mean, I missed him and everything, but I enjoyed my time alone. Australia spoiled us - it was the longest consecutive time we've ever spent together in more than five years of dating and marriage. He's always been on the road, but never for more than a few weeks (other than Australia 2008 - that was months apart). 

When we went to Australia together this year, I was there, every night, every show - we spent only one night apart in the three months we were there. We got back to the states and I was on the road with the boys again. Since then the touring slowed down, which means I've gotten quite used to having Curt home. And now, here I am, miserable without him and it hasn't even been 24 hours. 


I had to kill a giant bug that went crawling across the floor. I have to make my own tea. Brush my teeth alone. Toss and turn in bed because it's all off balance. Take the trash out Wednesday night. Remember to eat. And said bug is no longer RIPing where I {thought I} killed it, so now I will spend the week in fear of another encounter.

And yeah, I get to stretch out in bed and watch whatever I want on TV and do my embroidery before falling asleep. But the truth is, Curt lets me do those things even when he's around, so it's not that great. And there's no one around to take my glasses off my face after I fall asleep, which leads to uncomfortable sleeping and crooked glasses.


I think it would be better if I had more friends in Nashville. I think that's why it was easier when we lived in Indiana - I had friends at work and from school who kept me company. I do have a few friends, people I've met at work and gotten close to, friends of friends, wives of Curt's music people. Curt made an effort to introduce us to new friends this weekend, but those people are also in the music business, which means they come and go. I guess that's the issue with living in Nashville. 

All I want is one or two ladies my age who also love to sew and knit and craft, watch 30 Rock and Arrested Development on DVD, enjoy independent movies and folk music, drink margaritas with salt, have a great sense of humor, are married but don't have a ton of kids, and maybe, just maybe, have a husband on the road that they miss too. 

Is that too much to ask? Consider this my personal ad - 24 yo married female seeking carbon copy to hang out with once a week for crafting, movie watching, tea drinking, or just plain chatting. 

Any takers?


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails