Friday, August 19

Exciting News!

This past week has been a real whirlwind! Curt found out last minute that he would be playing a big festival up in Michigan so we hitched a ride up north and spent the weekend there .. while trying to finalize things on our house. Yeah .. it was a little crazy.

More on our weekend later, for now let me share the exciting news! Monday morning we closed on our first home and by Wednesday night we had all our stuff packed up and moved to our new place. Mind you, very little is unpacked at this point, but it's all there, on our property, so that's something, right!?


Isn't it cute? And it's all ours :)

I was absolutely exhausted from packing by Wednesday night, compounded by the fact that that battery in our van died and jumper cables weren't working. The van was full of stuff, as was the attached trailer. I had about five meltdowns -- it wasn't pretty! But everything worked out fine, the van finally started, and all our stuff got to where it was going.

I spent Thursday relaxing in bed, the bath, and what will soon be my crafting area. Nothing is set up yet, but I did managed to make this wreath for our new home. I think it's swell.


I figure the yarn, fabric, and felt will give people a good preview of what they are about to walk into :)

More house updates soon as we unpack and start decorating. We have plans to paint most of our existing furniture this weekend, then hopefully I can get my sewing area set up and functioning -- my fingers are itching to sew!

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails