Wednesday, August 24

Ah, the Beach.

Curt and I were lucky enough to make an impromptu visit to Michigan, and even more exciting, to the West coast of Michigan where my family was camping! woohoo

I grew up spending summers at the beach. (Curt would probably want me to mention here that "the beach" I am referring to is actually a lake, which for some reason, he doesn't consider a beach. However, it is a big lake - Lake friggin Michigan. The sixth largest freshwater lake IN THE WORLD. It's shores house the largest freshwater dunes in the world. You can't see across to the other side. So there. Beach.)

Anyway .. where was I? Oh yeah, I have been quite literally aching for the beach this summer. Growing up in West Michigan meant I was never more than a short drive from any number of beaches. It hurts to realize how land-locked we are here in Middle Tennessee. So when Curt said we were headed to the "coast" I was ecstatic!

There were drippy sandcastles, Pringles, walks to the rocks, chasing seagulls, and obviously, holes. Giant holes and trenches, moats, and waterways. Holes big enough to bury a person. Or even two little people.


And then make sandy boobs for them. Because what fun is burying your brother/cousin/anyone unless you can shame them with big, perky boobs made of sand?!


It was all fun and games until Andrew couldn't feel his feet.


So we had to dig them out. (Which is not nearly as fun as burying them because everyone starts to panic.)


All in all it was a wonderful little trip to the beach and exactly what I needed. It was so nice to catch up with family, feel the sand between my toes, and spend a night camping in a torrential downpour. Yes, it was that great.

How are you spending your last days of summer?

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails