Wednesday, May 2

Ava's Quilt

{side-bar intro: Holy guacamole! Where did April go?! Sorry I've been absent - but I've been hard at work, and I'm working on a bunch of posts to catch up, so don't worry!}


This quilt is for baby Ava, who was born shortly before Easter. I wanted something simple but beautiful, so I decided on a giant log cabin made from other quilt blocks. I also opted for a few solids to really make the other fabric (Anna's Loulouthi) pop.


The center is a 16-patch of {I believe} 2" finished squares.
I added in a few flying geese along the thiner blue border, and half-square triangles along the top and bottom of the border.


I tried quilted letters for the first time to incorporate her name, which is not only so sweet, but also nice and short ;-) I quilted around the letters, and slightly wonky lines around the borders of the rest of the quilt.


I bound the quilt with this watermelon colored voile, which put the softest finishing touch on the quilt. 


The finished quilt was something like 40" square. And since I don't seem to have a photo of the back, you'll have to believe it is a polka dotty flannel (you can kind of see them shining through in that top photo). I washed it before gifting and it crinkled up so cozy. I hope Ava enjoys her quilt for years to come! 

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails