Monday, May 14

Twins!

Do you remember Magic Nursery Dolls?


I received a Magic Nursery Baby when I was younger and after submerging her nightie in water to reveal what, exactly, she was, I shouted "It's a twin!" {By the way .. how weird was that concept?!} My parents didn't believe me, despite the fact that I was an excellent reader and 'twin' is really not a hard word. Did they think I was lying? Making it up? Delusional? Mom, Dad, can you weigh in? All I remember is, they didn't believe it. But I GOT TWINS! And by the way, my babies did not have gorgeous hair. My twin arrived in the mail and I was such a lucky Magic Nursery mommy.

All that to say ... I made quilts for twins :)



I used the same fabrics for both - Loulouthi + blue, yellow, and two pink solids. I've been in love with triangles lately and really enjoyed making two sweet little tops with loads of them. I didn't really have any plan in mind, both the tops are fairly randomly pieced, only making sure there was a nice balance.


I bound one in the dark pink, the other in the light. I did straight quilting on each side of the seams, forming larger triangles of quilting. 


I also used two different flannel backs, both from the Loulouthi line as well. 


I don't know if these baby girls have been born yet, but I do know that their parents adored the quilts and I hope they provide lots of beauty and comfort for many years to come! 

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

> We are delighted to announce the birth of our twin girls Sahana and Eesha on may 11 at 3:25pm and 3:27pm respectively.
> Sahana weighed 6.8 lbs and was 19" tall. Eesha weighed 7.3 lbs and was 20" tall. Thank you for all your wishes.
> Venky & Janaki

Brittney said...

Thank you for sharing the news and congratulations Venky & Janaki!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails