Wednesday, September 2

Finished Objects

And one not finished....

My Doll Quilt Swap 7 is finished. I stitched on the binding to the back and added a label. Now I just have to send it out in the mail :-)
Finished DQS7

DQS7 Back

DQS7 Label
I really like adding quilt labels, yet I've only done it a couple times. I'm definitely going to go back and add a couple to the quilts I have laying around my house.

Fingerless mitts for my cousin, to go with the socks below. She sent me two skeins of Paton's Kroy Sock yarn and there was almost a whole skein left over from the socks, so obviously I had to make some cute mitts!
I used this pattern, Mitt Envy on Ravelry.

Hard to see in these pictures, but the little cables are so cute. And I am officially addicted to cables, can't wait to make more hats and mittens experimenting with new cable patterns.

Here are the "yoga socks" for my cousin. She does color guard at her school and wanted something to wear while practicing that would provide a little warmth while still being able to move around without sliding.
These turned out really well, but possibly on the big side. I hope Kaitlyn doesn't mind the little extra space, because I think they are pretty comfy and will be well-suited for dancing around in. Next time, I will only cast on 52 or so stitches so the ankle is a little tighter. For other modifications, check here.

This is my recession hat - I am using all stash yarn left over from socks, hats, mitts, and everything in between. It's all Knit Picks with one exception (leftover Kroy sock yarn from the yoga socks). There is Knit Picks Palette, Imagination, and fingering weight Bare that I dyed. You can really tell what my favorite knitting-color scheme is from these leftovers and I love the way it is coming together. All that's left is continuing decreases to the top. I've been working on it here and there while watching TV and relaxing at night and it's come together quite quickly.

The only con to this project? All those loose ends inside... ugh.

I also took some time the past few days to super clean my sewing area (which is also our living room space) and now it is so gorgeous, I just haven't taken pictures yet. I'll be sure to snap a couple and post about my space on a later day.

Tonight Curt and I are going to a little concert downtown. A friend from work is preforming and I'm looking forward to seeing all my co-workers outside of the restaurant. We probably won't be able to stay late (Curt has to get up very early to lifeguard) but it will be nice to get out of the house.

What are your plans for Wednesday night? I don't think there's anything great on TV Wednesday nights.. that's saved for Thursdays. On a completely random side note: Some shows I am really looking forward to premiering this fall: Glee, Heroes, 30 Rock, The Office, Community.. that's all I can think of right now, but I am so sick of summer programming, fall is my new favorite season.

post signature

2 comments:

John said...

Hey Brittney! I love your doll quilt. And guess what? You won the book giveaway on my blog!! Email me with your mailing address and I will send your book along ASAP.

Congrats!
John

John said...

Hey Brittney! I love your doll quilt. And guess what? You won the book giveaway on my blog!! Email me with your mailing address and I will send your book along ASAP.

Congrats!
John

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails