Sunday, July 20

Winning Bids

My hubby was out of town last week playing at a camp in Wyoming. So I was home alone and lonely and I found love from ebay. Our conversation went something like this:

ebay: "Come on over, check out some of this great fabric I found for you."

me: "Well, alright, but just to look. Oh, that is pretty!"

ebay: "Bid, Brittney, bid, you'll never find a deal like this anywhere else."

me: "Oh, I guess a couple bids wouldn't hurt, I do love this fabric."

30 bids later....

me: "Crap, Curt is going to kill me. I'll tell him when I talk to him tomorrow. Wait.. does ebay send emails about all the bids you make? Because I'm using Curt's account..."

The next day: 

Curt: "So you were on ebay, huh? I have about 40 emails telling me every time I was outbid, and then telling me when I won."

me: "Ummm, yeah, I was going to tell you about that. I was lonely and I didn't expect to win everything I bid on, but then I did win quite a few. But they were all really great deals and I am going to get a deal on the shipping."

So here's what I got (so far... I still have about 24ish hours left on 9 items)

Moda It's Snowing Charm Pack

Moda Merry & Bright Charm Pack

Those will be used to make table runners for my mom and mom-in-law for Christmas. 

Heather Bailey Freshcut Assortment (5 Yards!)
I might make myself a quilt out of that gorgeous fabric, I can't wait to see it in person.

Jennifer Paganelli Bell Bottoms 


Don't know what I'll do with that, but it was so pretty and cheap, I couldn't resist.

And, last, but not least, in fact, the one I'm most excited to get: Anna Maria Horner Garden Party!

I also got some pink, teal, pink, and blue fabric strips in jelly roll form to bulk up my stash. 

I'm still waiting to win some Midwest Modern squares, which would make a cute bag or quilt or anything really. Also, a Moda Smores charm pack.. the cutest Christmas fabric ever! Little snowmen marshmallows in the brightest colors. I don't know what I'd do with it, but I know it would turn out adorable! 22 hours left on those. I have 1 day and 17 hours until I am officially done bidding on ebay for awhile. While I did get really great deals on all of these fabrics, I do not need to do anymore fabric shopping for a very long time. 

I can't wait to get it all, hopefully the Christmas fabrics will come this week so I can get started on the table runners while Curt is away AGAIN. He's in Michigan at another camp with the band for the whole week. I've started out my lonely week with an applique quilt project my mom-in-law gave me last Christmas. It's Christmasy, so I haven't been in the mood to work on it yet, but I guess Christmas in July hit me and I was inspired. Pictures to come.... 

Finn is brushing up against me to make me take him out.. what a cat-like thing to do! How strange. I will take him out, write a concert review for the paper, and then go to bed. 

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails